Acumatica earlier this week released the updated edition of its flagship ERP. This new release touted as Acumatica 2017 R2 is the scheduled update to Acumatica 2017 R1 (previously known as 6.1), which was released in February 2017.
Acumatica 2017 R2 release was developed around the pillars of “Insights,” “Productivity,” and “Technology.” Here are descriptions of each pillar. Below is a summary of each pillar.
- A new, more flexible and personalized user interface, you can tailor your navigation to preferred processes and individual tendencies. It also gives you the ability to create role-defined views from preconfigured templates.
- The Acumatica Generic Inquiries query tool allows you to create your own custom online reports with filtering, sorting, and grouping options.
- Acumatica 2017 R2 release includes enhancements to almost every product suite, including Customer Management, Financial Management, Distribution Management, Project Accounting, and Field Service Edition.
- Enhancements on CRM improve marketing lists and campaigns, list building, and lead tracking.
- For companies that use Salesforce CRM as their primary CRM system, Acumatica has a tool to allow bi-directional real-time synchronization between Acumatica ERP and Salesforce CRM.
- Changes in Financial Management allow multiple branches that use the same Acumatica tenant to configure separate tax periods and close the periods independently of one another.
- Enhanced project billing with Proforma invoices and Project-Specific Invoice Formats.
- Acumatica ERP 2017 R2 provides enhancements in the Equipment Management module that will help you track components and warranties.
- Web mapping service within Field Services is now provided by Microsoft Bing Maps.
- The availability of Open API 2.0 specification (formerly known as Swagger Specification).
- New mobile GPS framework lets you record the location of service technicians when the start and complete an appointment and/or route.
- External applications can track data changes by processing push notifications sent by Acumatica ERP.
- Acumatica has extended its multilanguage support to include self-service portals.
NEW INDUSTRY EDITION
- Acumatica Manufacturing Edition, formally known as JAMS, is being released as part of Acumatica 2017 R2.
- Adobe Sign