Sage 50 US 2018 (formerly Peachtree Accounting) was launched in mid July 2017. Most current users by now have been notified of this release. Many users have asked what exactly is new in 2018 release? Below are the stand out features found in the 2018 release. We have provided links to a youtube video that discuss these new features in some depth.
- 1: Modern User Interface: - Upon launching Sage 50 US 2018 you are greeted with a whole new modern interface look with flat icons, menus and lots of white space. This new look was designed to work better with the larger, high resolution monitors used mostly today. Another change you may notice is that pie charts are replaced with doughnut charts and the customization links replaced with a gear icon.
Although you may feel a bit intimidated at first, you will quickly realize that the layout, menu functionality and navigation are unchanged. As a matter of fact, opening a task window the interface looks like the previous version.
- 2: Inactivate Inventory Items based on Last Activity Date: - You can now select inventory items by last activity date and mark the whole group as inactive, just like you can for customers and vendors.
- 3: Cleared Column on Check Register: – You can now add a column to show Cleared Date on the Check Register and Cash Disbursements Journal reports. Just click the Column button in the report window and check Cleared Date to show the date the transaction was cleared in account reconciliation.
- 4: Improved Options for Click To Pay: – The 2017.2 update gave users of Sage Payment Solutions the option to include a payment link in emailed invoices so customers can pay online by credit/debit card or e-check (ACH). One caveat to this was that it universally turned on the option to display the “Pay Now” link in all emailed invoices. You had to manually turn it off for each customer. In version 2018 you are given the choice to turn that option off for all customers.
Features specific to Sage 50c subscribers
- 5: Sage Capture: – This new app allows you to snap a picture of a receipt and enter the details for the transaction on your iphone/ipad (sorry, no Android support at this time). Later the transactions can be imported into Sage 50. The photo will be added to the transaction as an attachment and will be stored in your OneDrive account. This feature requires MS-Office 365 Business Premium.
- 6: Sage Intelligence Reporting Cloud: – This takes advantage of the new Office 365 integration by making Sage Intelligence Reporting financial reports available from your Microsoft Office 365 Business Premium dashboard. Several balance sheet and income statement formats are included and can be customized, or reports can be built from scratch. These reports can be generated in a web page (HTML) or exported to the online or desktop versions of Excel.
- 7: Office 365 User Roles & Permissions: – Five new security groups have been added in Office 365 to give you more detailed control of how Office 365 users can access the Sage 50 integrations, such as Sage Contact, Sage Capture, and Sage Intelligence.
- 8: AP Automation: – Sage 50 will be able to integrate with Beanworks, a service that provides accounts payable automation. It can automate the process of entering/coding invoices, approving invoices, and making electronic payments.
For more information on this and other solutions, visit our website, or call us at 516-867-6752.