Sage 50/Sage50cloud Accounting 2020 (formerly Peachtree Accounting) brings some welcome changes, small but still very much welcomed! Changes that long-time users have longed for.So, here’s what’s new in version 2020:
- Select a Customer Contact When Emailing– In earlier versions you were limited to sending an Invoice or other customer forms to the Primary contact for that customer, now in Sage 50 2020 there will be a drop-down list that lets you choose from the list of contacts for that customer.You are still limited to one contact per email andthis only works when sending individual emails, not when batch emailing forms.
- Longer Deposit Ticket ID– The Deposit Ticket ID field has been expanded from 8 characters to 20 characters.
- Longer Address Fields– The address fields for customers, vendors, and employees have been expanded from 30 characters to 50.
- Longer Item Type Field– The Item Type field for inventory items has been expanded from 8 characters to 20.
- Vendor Notes Field– In the Maintain Vendors screen a Notes field has been added that can hold up to 255 characters. The note field does not print on any forms.
- Database Upgrade from Pervasive v11 to Actian Zen v13– The Pervasive version 11 has not been renamed Actian Zen and is running Version 13. Sage has announced that this switch will improve performance in some database operations, it includes the latest security countermeasures to protect your data, and it helps ensure compatibility with the latest Windows updates.
- Inbox Bell Icon– In the upper right corner of the main Sage 50 window, a bell icon has been added to notify you of unread messages from Sage.
- Additional Fields on the Withholding Info Tab– Several states have passed legislation that requires new payroll deductions and formulas. Sage has added “Special 3”, “Special 4″, and Special 5” fields to the Withholding Info tab of the Maintain Employees window to accommodate these new formulas and the variables that they require.
Below is a short video detailing the new and improved features in Sage 50 2020 U.S. Edition.
So join us in embracing this upgrade, even though the changes may not be major, we have to admit that sometimes the little things makes life much easier and that is the case with Sage 50 2020 U.S. Edition.